The aim of the NPORS Industrial Counterbalance Forklift Truck Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating an Industrial Counterbalance Forklift Truck to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
NPORS Industrial Counterbalance Forklift
Truck Training Course Objectives
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s
instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS assessment.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Industrial
Counterbalance Forklift Truck Training Course?
All personnel required to operate an Industrial Counterbalance Forklift Truck.
Delegates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises covering:
- An introduction to the construction industry.
- Current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Controls and instruments.
- Components and main types of lift trucks.
- Refuelling systems.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Emergency controls.
- Driving on and off ramps.
- Operator’s safety code.
- Handling loaded and unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads.
- NPORS assessment, which includes theory and practical elements.
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and
the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued
with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Peel House Commercial Hub
37 Regent Place
Monday – Friday:
9am – 5.30pm
0800 464 7731