The aim of the NPORS Compact Crane Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a CompactCrane to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
- Safe, productive crane operation
- How to recognise and understand crane signals
- Crane jib positioning, including altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Routine maintenance
- The basic theory of power units, control systems and transmission systems
- Programming and understanding safe load indicators and duties charts
- Relevant legislation, statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Safe slinging and an understanding of the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Structural strength, including the effect of shock loading, stability and load displacement
Peel House Commercial Hub
37 Regent Place
Monday – Friday:
9am – 5.30pm
0800 464 7731