The NPORS N201 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a 180 Excavator in order toto enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the 180 excavator will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for site and highway travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces.
- Maneuver in confined spaces.
- Configure and set – up for excavating duties.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of grounds.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level ground materials.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads with the rear boom.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Peel House Commercial Hub
37 Regent Place
Monday – Friday:
9am – 5.30pm
0800 464 7731